Knowing exactly what is expected from you as a fast courier business in Adelaide worker will give you an edge in the company. Below is the job description of a fast courier position. Take time reading it to ensure you are completely aware of your assigned role and responsibilities.
Key requirements of a courier job:
- No formal education is required, but relevant work experience in the courier industry is a plus point
- Applicant must be a holder of a professional driver’s license
Other requirements for a courier job:
- If you will work as a fast courier Adelaide provider, you are required to have your own vehicle that you will use for all courier job orders accepted. Aside from that, it is your responsibility as a courier service provider to ensure the vehicle is insured and registered.
- Physical and health condition of the applicant must be satisfactorily, meaning you don’t have any current sickness or illness that will prevent you from fulfilling your assigned duties in the fast courier business. All applicants for any available courier job are required to undergo physical examination from a reputable hospital or accredited medical clinic. Clarity in vision is a must to all hired courier drivers.
- Highly organizational skills must be present. Any candidate for a job position in the courier industry must exhibit order in his or her work. He or she should know how to prioritize schedule of deliveries in a timely manner.
- Showcase a professional image is another trait that employers look among job applicants. If you want to be considered for a courier job position, present yourself as a credible person. Come for the interview wearing your professional attire and make sure you observe the proper etiquette when talking with a superior.
What is the expected salary?
Most courier jobs offer stable income, especially if you get a chance to be hired as a professional driver in a fast courier Adelaide. Determine the standard pay rate among courier companies and compare their employee benefits. Before you commit to any available jobs in a courier firm, inquire the method of payments, whether they pay by the hour, fixed or contractual basis.
Read carefully the contract of employment agreement and make sure your rights as a worker are fully protected. If you want to know more about the duties of a courier employee, check your local labor authority the applied basic pay for a courier job. I’m sure they have a standard guide on the job description of a courier job as well as their expected salaries.